Rovinj Rovigno

Interesting Historical Features

The Legend of St. Euphemia

In the year 800, the church bells began to ring excitedly in the early morning. The residents all flocked down to the sea. A marble sarcophagus floated in like a stone ship.


Climate Resort Maria Theresa Seehospitz

The resort was opened in 1888, which is considered to be the official beginning of tourism in Rovinj. Children from across Austro-Hungary, Germany, Russia and other countries came here for treatment and rehabilitation.


Georg Hütterott

In 1890, Georg Hűtterott, a successful entrepreneur of German origin bought four islands and in the years to come added land in the broader region of the present Golden Cape - Zlatni Rt, which he slowly proceeded to enrich with both Mediterranean and exotic plant species. 


Count Milewski

Count Milewski was a nobleman of Polish-Lithuanian origin. He had a connection with the history of Rovinj since 1905 when he purchased the island of St. Katarina.


Turistička zajednica grada Rovinja Rovigno
Pina Budicina 12
52210 Rovinj
Tel.: ++385/52/811-566
Tel.: ++385/52/813-469
Fax: ++385/52/816-007

Copyright Turisitčka zajednica grada Rovinja 2001-2012. Sva prava pridržana. Mobile site

For Accomodation Owners Competitions, calls, notices
Video Rovigno
Panoramic walk
City map
Weather forecast
Currency converter